Yesterday Columbia University announced the winners of the 2010 Pulitzer Prizes.
We would like to honor them by sharing some of their stories with NewsTrust members. Thank you to this year's winners and finalists for providing quality journalism, at a time when the public needs it most!
Prize for International Reporting:
Anthony Shadid, Washington Post
Prizes for Investigative Reporting
Sheri Fink, ProPublica and New York Times
Barbara Laker, Wendy Ruderman, Philadelphia Daily News
Prize for Explanatory Reporting:
Michael Moss, New York Times
Prize for National Reporting:
Matt Richtel, New York Times
"Driven to Distraction" series on the potentially life-threatening effects of driving while using cell phones and other devices.
Prize for Feature Writing:
Gene Weingarten, Washington Post
Other prize winners include:
- Public Service: Bristol Herald Courier
- Breaking News Reporting: Seattle Times
- Local Reporting: Raquel Rutledge, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Commentary: Kathleen Parker, Washington Post
- Editorial Writing: Tod Robberson, Colleen Mccain Nelson and William Mckenzie, Dallas Morning News